Click on the headings below to expand or collapse each announcement.
Our Garbage, recycling, and yard waste drivers provide service on all weekday holidays except Thanksgiving (4th Thursday in November), Christmas (December 25th), and New Year’s Day (January 1st).
If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us at 1-888-806-7048. Thank you.
When our region is faced with inclement weather, we will do the best we can to safely provide service. If we are able to, drivers will start routes later than normal to allow the weather to warm up and road conditions to improve. Please leave material at the curb and continue to assure all items are accessible by 7am (6am for Vashon customers). If we cannot safely operate our fleet, service may be delayed. In cases of extreme inclement weather or hazardous road conditions, our fleet may not be able to service all areas safely on collection day. Collection of material that has been missed due to inclement weather or road conditions will be collected on the next scheduled pick up day at no additional charge. If missed due to inclement weather, please place out the equivalent of one week’s service in 32 gallon cans or bags next to your refuse container on the next scheduled collection day at no additional cost. We appreciate everyone’s patience and strive to assure complete safety of our employees, our customers, and the public in all of our operations.
Please call Customer Service at 1-888-806-7048 for updates and instructions for set out in cases of inclement weather.
For all residents serviced by Murrey’s, American, or D.M. Disposal we will accept your discarded tree in two ways:
1) Customers who subscribe to yard waste service, may place their tree inside their provided yard waste container. Please be sure your tree fits in your yard waste container with the lid closed securely. We cannot take any flocked or decorated trees as yard waste.
2) If you do not have yard waste service, please set your tree out on your regular scheduled garbage day for disposal. All trees must be cut into 4-foot lengths and each section will be charged an extra unit fee.
Residents within the city limits of Puyallup and Milton who are serviced by D.M. Disposal have an organized tree collection schedule that is included in your monthly service cost. Please follow the above directions for limitations on what trees we can accept. Also be sure your tree is cut into sections no larger than 4 feet in length. Please set your tree out for pick up on the following days according to your location and usual collection day:
The Holiday Season brings a time of celebration, family, friends, and unfortunately extra waste. Holiday festivities often are coupled with an increased amount of waste which includes recyclables and non-recyclables. Here are some quick tips to reduce your waste this Holiday Season:
• Reduce unnecessary packaging—Be a smart consumer and look for items with little to no packaging. If you do need to purchase items with packaging, try to buy items with packaging that can be recycled. **Remember plastic tubs are now accepted in your curbside recycling cart.**
• Plan waste free holiday menus—Find new and creative ways to plan your meals ahead to avoid a large amount of food waste. Look online for great recipes using your leftovers from holiday meals.
• Be mindful of plastic bags—Plastic bags are not an acceptable recyclable material in your curbside cart because they jam up the sorting equipment, slowing down the recycling process and degrading the overall quality of the recyclable material. Reduce the amount of contamination in your recycling cart by using reusable cloth grocery bags or paper bags. Or reuse your plastic bags and remember to take them to a participating grocery store for recycling when you are ready to recycle them.
• Treecycle—Don’t forget to treecycle your Christmas tree. Be sure to remove lights, tinsel, nails, staples, and any other decorations. If you subscribe to curbside yard waste, you may place your tree in your yard waste container for pick up on your regularly scheduled collection day. Please be sure the tree fits into the container with the lid closed and can free fall from your cart. (You may need to cut your tree into pieces to do this.) If you live in the city limits of Puyallup or Milton, your monthly rate includes a free treecycle day. Pierce County transfer stations also accept Christmas trees. For locations, visit http://www.co.pierce.wa.us/index.aspx?NID=1541
**Please remember flocked trees cannot be treecycled**